well, i am well into the end of my 2nd week in being back on the program. I am doing very well….no bread, no rice, no pasta, no snacking (which was a huge issue for me prior aka potato chips out the ass)….the first week was getting into the swing of things, getting the correct mindset……and now this 2nd week, pretty much life….i am hoping that next week and the weeks after get even better.
sure i could have talked and bitched all day long about this and that and what i wanted….but until i just did it, nothing would have changed. i also (if you remember)got the hub involved. i gave him the start date and said this is what i need to do….for my knee
i am doing this for my knee……i just got to keep that in mind and do it
if you feel like you are sliding….or want to stop, don’t quit…….
try this instead:
- Breathe. Pause for a moment, breathe, focus on the breath. Know that you are OK, in this moment. Give yourself a moment’s space to think about what’s going on in your life, and who you are.
- Give yourself a break. If things like relationship problems get in the way of your habits, allow yourself to pause the habits until you get your life in order and let your mind rest. Rest is important. Get plenty of sleep — this is important, because when stressful things are happening in our lives, our bodies and minds need plenty of rest to heal.
- Know that every habit has bumps in the road. There’s never a perfectly smooth path with no bumps. Seriously, no habit goes on a perfectly straight line — at least, none that I’ve created, and none that anyone I know has created. Expect the bumps, and don’t let them end everything.
- Allow yourself to experience the messy. Things will always come up, life gets messy, painful things happen. That’s OK. Give yourself the space to experience the pain with the joy, the mess with the beauty.
- Find a friend to help you get on track. It’s great if you can do habits by yourself, but it’s even better if you can find a friend who will do it with you, or at least hold you accountable, and help you get things back on track once things clear up for you.Keep smiling!. That’s the most important thing. Smile, and you’re doing it right.
Feel it….Accept it….Face it….Throw it down….Move forward….