after my WLS, the nurse knew i was on the liquids in and liquids out phase and although immodium AD is a god send to me, she told me of something called a probiotic.. i do not live without that. i went online and found out some info on it..
you can purchase the pricey stuff or you can buy the store brand *like i do* and my dr said that is just fine as its all the same pretty much..your choice:
Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your health, especially your digestive system. We usually think of bacteria as something that causes diseases. But your body is full of bacteria, both good and bad. Probiotics are often called “good” or “helpful” bacteria because they help keep your gut healthy. Probiotics are naturally found in your body. You can also find them in some foods and supplements. It’s only been since about the mid-1990s that people have wanted to know more about probiotics and their health benefits. Doctors often suggest them to help with digestive problems.
Probiotics help move food through your gut. Researchers are still trying to figure out which are best for certain health problems. Some common conditions they treat are:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Infectious diarrhea (caused by viruses, bacteria, or parasites)
- Antibiotic-related diarrhea
**Below is the one I take**
Why take probiotic colon support?
- To support a digestive system and healthy colon
- To replenish good bacteria that assist in digestion and absorption of food and nutrients
- To help with occasional constipation, gas, bloating and diarrhea
- To help naturally promote regularity
How does probiotic colon support work?
- Contains the good bacteria your body needs for digestive health and works by helping to improve the body’s natural microbial balance
- Increases the level of the good bacteria in the body to help defend against gas, diarrhea and constipation
This product does not contain gluten.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Made in USA